Our school library provides many opportunities for our students. Check out our library impact report to learn more!
The Roosevelt School library has been in their new remodel location since 2017. It is new and improved and much more spacious. All of the students and staff enjoy the new atmosphere with all of the new furniture, newly painted mural of Theodore Roosevelt and new books to enjoy throughout the school year.
Makerspace is available for 1st through 4th grades. Each grade level has a specific day of the week to come and participate in a variety of STEM activities, crafts, Legos, Chrome music lab, Quiver app, reading, and many other fun things.
Some of our events throughout the year include:
- Thank you cards for our Veterans
- Dr. Seuss Week/Read Across America Day
- Dot Day
- Book Fairs (twice a year)
- World Read Aloud Day
- Love Your Library Week
- California Young Reader Medal - share and read nominated books. Students get to vote for their favorite. Our votes are turned in to the CYRM association and the winning books are announced.
- National Poem in Your Pocket Day
- Children's Book Week
Tulare City Schools Library Mission
The school library is an active learning hub where students use 21st century skills to engage in research and collaboration, pursue individual reading and creative interests, and develop into lifelong learners.